Monday, October 1, 2012

The Past Two Weeks

Wulia
This is a gorgeous part of Taiwan and my host family took me out to see the waterfall. In Wulia there is a river that runs through with hot water. Wulai is home to a group of aboriginals. It is so cool because it reminds me of Yellowstone, but it is definitely more Asian. Due to the fact that people just hop into the river right by the street. A great place for people watching. ( Shout out to my little brother this is the place I tried Taiwanese soda for you! :) )
Moon Festival
The moon festival was really cool we had barbecues and ate moon cakes. <3 I saw the moon for the first time since traveling to Taiwan it was completely full. It is true that it is the perfect time to see the moon.
Keelung
This has to be my absolute favorite place I have visited in Taiwan. The sea air smells amazing and the waves of the water were rising very high due to the passing of the typhoon.  The night market here is truly the coolest in which I have visited.  The special ice-cream there is a favorite and I loved it.  It seems that all foods that are peanut of peanut butter are especially  delicious. If you ever find yourself in Taiwan take the time to discover Keelung.

No comments:

Post a Comment